Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2046 Discussions

Get RAID status to logs or .NET

rw5s
Novice

I have a .NET desktop application, I would like to display RAID status (normal, degraded, rebuilding). How can I get this information to my application?

I have a RAID1 setup and running Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management software (since Intel Rapid Storage Technology UI is End Of Life). Previously I could scan event logs for degraded/rebuilding/rebuild complete logs. With the new software (IOMSM), only degraded is written to logs.

Is there an RST API? Is there a CLI? Can I change the log location of IOMSM? Can I increase log verbosity for IOMSM?

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

rw5s, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this topic, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the computer?

What is the name of the .NET desktop application?

Are you a developer?

Are you working on a project?

Are you building, designing, or modifying hardware/software?

Please attach a picture from your computer showing the same details as the picture attached to this thread.

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
rw5s
Novice

I develop medical device software. We want to display RAID degradation/rebuilding/rebuild complete through our application. I do not see an image attached to this thread.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello rw5s, Thank you very much for providing that information.

" I do not see an image attached to this thread", let me apologize for this inconvenience, for some reason the image was not attached. I will paste it in the thread this time.

Alberto_R_Intel_0-1635198399756.png

Still, we will now do further research on this matter to try to provide the information that you are looking for, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread. I will also confirm if the information showing in the picture and the SSU report are still needed.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
rw5s
Novice

Attached versions for IOMSM.

Thanks,
rw

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello rw5s, Thank you very much for providing the picture with the details about the Intel® RST application in your system.

I just received an update on this matter. CLI downloads are available at the link below but this is provided "as-is", meaning they might or might not work with your platform:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19462/intel-rstcli-pro-for-intel-optane-memory.html

In this case, in order to get further assistance on this scenario about the Intel® RST and your application, please visit, sign in and submit your inquiry on our Intel® Resource and Design Center website. You will receive additional peer to peer help on this topic and they will be able to provide further support on any questions you might have about this matter:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/documentation-resources/developer.html#panel-top-resources|most-popular

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos