Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

HELP raid 1 lost after bios upgrade

BCat
Beginner

Hi, I performed a BIOS update on a GA-EX58 mainboard and I lost the 2-disks raid 1 I had. When I checked the BIOS I noted that it removed the RAID mode on the SATA and put it to AHCI. I changed it back to RAID but when entering in the Intel utilty (ctrl+i) I sow that all my disks are marked as non-RAID disk.

The raid 1 was composed by 2 4TB disks. Please find attached the system report from Intel RST (the disks are the one on ports 4 and 5). I had to put back the BIOS to AHCI otherwise I was unable to start windows.

Windows (in the disk management) is seeing these disks as "dynamic" and INVALID.

What shall I do in order to recover the data?

I tried to connect one of the disks with an USB SATA reader but windows cannot see it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Did you have a backup?

Doc

0 Kudos
BCat
Beginner

Obviously not .. otherwise it was easy ! This was the reason why to have a raid 1 ..

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I hate to be insensitive, but having raid (in any form) does not mean you should not be prepared for data loss. You should always have a good backup procedure in place.

Now, regarding your situation, one of the Intel support can help you.

Doc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello bobcat2

Thank you for joining the community.

As motioned to the previous port It is recommended to have a back up when using RAID configurations, also please keep this on mind for any major update on the system.

Lo king into the situation seems that you can report this situation to the motherboard manufacture verify if they are able to provide assistant to recover the data, also you can try with a local data recovery center to recover the data from the hard drive.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos