Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

HP Elitebook 6930p w/Win7 Ultimate - Need Updated Rapid Storage Driver to use lrg HDD

BTurn4
Beginner

The latest driver from HP for my Elitebook 6930p is only version 9.6. Heard that I need over version 10 to read my new 3.0tb driver (in an external enclosure). The external drive only shows with 746gb. Hope someone can help.

Thanks.

Brad.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IUman
Honored Contributor II
BTurn4
Beginner

Hello everyone. I just wanted to give big shout out of thanks to ivanu_intel. By turning on UEFI in my BIOS I was able to see the large capacity but only after I ran some fixes. In order to get the drive to recognize in my external drive enclosure (NexStar CX 3.5") I used my Ultimate Boot CD (check online for these at http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/ Ultimate Boot CD - Overview). It is a Linux Boot disc with lots of options. I boot into Parted Magic and ran Disk Editor (Gparted) and it corrected some errors my disc had. I was then able to wipe all partitions and create a single on of about 2.7tb of a 3tb drive. Drive is whirring away now as I add files to it.

Thanks again for your help and direction.

P.S. Microsoft has really dropped the ball when it comes to estimated drive size and implementing it wisely into Windows. Disk Manager sucks! Way to go MS!