Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Hallo, nach einem Bios update wird das Raid als "failed" deklariert. Es sind 6 Festplatten im Verbund. Eine ist nun als "non member" deklariert. Kann das Raid neu aufgebaut werden ?

IGrba
Beginner

​Als Tip habe ich bekommen alle Platten zu NON RAID zu degradieren und dann das RAID mit gleichem Namen und Einstellungen zu erstellen. Danach mit TEstdisk nach den Daten zu suchen.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So, with the re-created raid, do you still have a problem?

Doc

0 Kudos
IGrba
Beginner

Hello Doc, i didn't recreate the raid so far because fearing data loss. Is recreating the raid a good idea ?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Do you need raid? If not, then it is a bad idea and management problem.

Doc

0 Kudos
IGrba
Beginner

I just want to access my data again. At the moment thr raid is failed. And one disk is non member.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

If you lost one drive out of six, you should be able to rebuild the raid and not lose any data.

However, you should wait for one of the intel support engineers to assist you with this issue.

In the meantime, download, run, and attach (using the paperclip) the results of this utility:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Doc

0 Kudos
IGrba
Beginner

I called intel today , the didm't really could help me. But maybe here will answer one. How to run the tool ? Cause i cant boot to the System. Its windows server 2012 installed. Boot with another system from USB ?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Just attach the output from the tool I linked to. One of the support engineers will assist you.

Doc

0 Kudos
IGrba
Beginner

Thanks, but my system is not bootable. How to start the tool ? I am working now only from my laptop

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Whoops... my mistake. Just wait for an Intel support engineer to assist.

Doc

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

IGrba, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your inquiry, when you do a BIOS update normally all the settings get reset to default values, which means the RAID mode will change to defaults too, so please enter the BIOS and make sure that the RAID mode is set to "RAID".

Which type of RAID volume are you using?

Just to let you know, normally when the RAID status shows as "Failed" all the data and RAID structure on the computer get lost.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello IGrba, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello IGrba, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos