Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Hello, my pc asks me, over and over, through the diver assistant to update the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) 7th/8th Generation Platforms from version 15.9 to 16.8.

FTurn3
Beginner

pc is HP Pavilion Power - 15-cb031nl.

When I do it a few days later it asks me again and to repair the driver or uninstall it, this has been going on for a very long time.

How can I fix it? Is a big problem?

Thank you.

It has been going on for months.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello FTurn3,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

You may be getting generic drivers with the Intel ® Driver & Support Assistant, it is recommended to use any software & driver tool provided by the system manufacturer so you can get the drivers customized specifically for your computer. 

You can also contact the system manufacturer to get the latest drivers for the Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology. 

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
FTurn3
Beginner

Hello,

thanks for your reply, I'm using the Intel ® Driver & Support Assistant and that is the app that continues to give me the same "message", it's a hp laptop with Intel core I7, how can I fix this?

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello FTurn3,

Thank you for your response.

As mentioned, the issue could be related to using Intel ® Driver & Support Assistant with a branded system. Remember that they can customize drivers so that they work perfectly with the system; while our drivers are actually generic. 

Please contact HP* support to see if they have a driver update tool that you can use.

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos