Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Help With RST/VROC on new Dell Precision 5820 with X299 chipset

GSlater
Beginner

I had an HP running RST/RAID1 and the system died.  Disks are good so I purchased a Dell Precision 5820 workstation with the intention to migrate my drives and setup a new RAID1 config but I'm confused by the software that is installed.

Raid driver is iaStorAVC.sys version 15.44.0.1015.  It also came with Intel VROC installed from the Microsoft store but when I try to run VROC it says the driver is newer than the VROC version and it won't allow me to configure any RAID volumes.  I do have the storage mode set to RAID.

Do I need to install RST instead of VROC?  I saw information on the Intel site about not running RST with VROC but I'm not sure what I have.  The information for my system on Dell's website seems to indicate it has RST drivers but VROC gui.

What do I need to do to get a GUI that will allow me to create a RAID1 volume from an existing drive without reloading everything?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
GSlater
Beginner

I believe I have this working now.  I downloaded and reinstalled the RSTE drivers from the Dell website.  Then I removed and reinstalled the VROC GUI and now it populates my devices and allows me to configure the RAID volumes although it still complains that the drivers are newer than the GUI.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello GSlater

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please confirm if the issue was resolved or if you need any assistance.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
GSlater
Beginner

This issue is resolved.  I reinstalled the RSTe drivers from the Dell website and removed and then reinstalled the VROC GUI from the Microsoft store.  It now complains that the driver version is Older than the GUI but it did allow me to configure RAID and it is running.  Thank you for your reply.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We are glad to know you found a solution, thank you for taking the time to share this fix, and hopefully, it may help other community members experiencing similar behavior. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it. 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.    

Best regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Before we close the case, If you need further assistance with this system it's better to contact the manufacturer since this PC uses a server chipset. (Intel® C422 Chipset

We will close this thread now, thank you for your understanding.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos