Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Help updating Intel RST to 13.6.0.1002

idata
Employee

I'm able to install 13.1.0.1058 but when I tried updating to newer versions, including 13.6.0.1002 it failed. It says, "Platform not supported".

Please help.

Thanks.

4 Replies
MMill22
Novice

What mainboard chipset do you have? Intel often concentrate their efforts on newer chipsets with newer RSTs, so it won't install anymore on the older chipsets. One exemption is when you put your controller in RAID mode, then it will most likely install. But that is only a workaround...

I guess you have to stay on the older RST if you have an older chipset. The fixes in newer RSTs are mostly for newer chipsets anyway, as i understand it.

damu
Novice

Hi,

I have the same problem. I have a z77 based mainboard set to AHCI mode.

Currently i'm running RST 13.1.xxxx and I am not able to install the 13.2.xxxx, platform not supported. Possible ?

In past I remember there was just only one RST setup compatible with all of ICH controllers.

Now I can't understand how to indentify the correct RST setup for the platform I am going to configure without trying n setups, is there a method to understand this ?

Thanks

Cesar_B_Intel
Employee

Hellodamiano,

The best way to find out is confirming with the manufacturer of the motherboard to find out which are the latest drivers released by them. This will allow you to identify which is the latest driver supported by your platform and then proceed downloading it.

Regards,

Caesar B,

0 Kudos
Cesar_B_Intel
Employee

Hello Partogi,

I suggest confirming with the motherboard manufacturer which is the latest driver release for your motherboard?

Additionally, you may download the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) RAID driver version 14.6.0.1029. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25165/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-RAID-Driver Intel® Download Center

Regards,

Caesar B.

0 Kudos