Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Hi, after using RST my HDD on my laptop is gone, now i have 4 new drives without anything on it?

WHeyl
Beginner

Hi

Yesterday RST did something to my laptop. My HDD is gone and now it made 4 new drives without anything on it, my hdd had 200 GB on it and now it's gone?? you need to help me, there are a lot of important things on it. I have a screenshot of the status

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello WHeyl Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. Bear in mind Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) is not to free up disk space on the system, this software is developed to create, configure, administrate and monitor the RAID array on the system, if you have 2 HDDs according to the picture you have shared the RAID level configured is 0 that means at this point the previous data on the system has been deleted and there is no way to get it back. NOTE: Before trying anything with RAID controllers you should have a data backup. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
WHeyl
Beginner
Hi Leonardo Thanks for your answer. But i'm very dissapointed cause i don't get why the RST just started like that, i had no problems before until RST came, now i cant use my laptop anymore, it only shows the Asus Logo and i can't get in the BIOS, very frustrating Outlook voor Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36> downloaden
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello WHeyl Thank you for the information. Intel® RST would not make changes on the system to block the access to the system BIOS, at this point i would recommend contacting the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for assistance to restore the system access. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos