Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2054 Discussions

How do I find the correct Intel RST download page? There are a bunch.

SystemsNerd
Beginner

I have a Dell with a 9th Gen Intel processor.

I want to upgrade the Intel RST software.  No worries, I google'd for "intel RST download".

This link says 16.8.4.1011 is the latest version, but it also says it's "End of Life".
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15667/intel-rapid-storage-technology-intel-rst-user-interface-and-driver.html

This link specifically says RST software for Intel 8th and 9th gen chips and it says that 17.11.0.100 is the latest version
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19755/intel-rapid-storage-technology-driver-installation-software-with-intel-optane-memory-8th-and-9th-gen-platforms.html 
The problem with that statement is that I'm currently running 18.1.1026.

There's another link that says 18.6.1.1016 is the latest version, but that page says it's for Intel 10th and 11th Gen processors.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19512/intel-rapid-storage-technology-driver-installation-software-with-intel-optane-memory-10th-and-11th-gen-platforms.html

It kind of looks like there's a separate download page for each major version of the software, but what I'm seeing doesn't make sense.

So, how does one find the right link for the latest software for Intel 9th gen processors?

Thanks, Brad

0 Kudos
8 Replies
SystemsNerd
Beginner

So....

I went ahead and downloaded 18.6.1.1016 on the basis that I'm already running 18.1.

The installer didn't update the RST UI, that's still at 18.1.1032, but it did update the driver from 17.9.6.1019 to 18.36.1.1016, which fixed my problem.

So, some questions:

1) Why didn't it update the UI?

2) What is the correct version (UI and Driver) for Windows 10 with an Intel 9th gen processor?

Thanks,

Brad

P.S.  For those that noticed that the current version is different than on the first post, it's a slightly different PC.  We have 20 of these and this one was updated by the Dell updater to a newer version of RST, which broke RAID degradation alerts.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello SystemsNerd,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We recommend installing driver updates provided by the system manufacturer/provider, meaning that you can find the RST driver from the desktop/laptop manufacturer page, have you check on their website?

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
SystemsNerd
Beginner

Yes, that's how I broke the one feature I need on this computer.  The Dell Updater installed a version that does not put an alert in the Windows Event log when a drive is removed.

We're installing these in a factory and need to be notified when a drive fails.  The operators rarely notice the little Windows popups, so we have the system email us for certain critical events.    For that to work, we need the event to be put in the logs.  Several versions of the RST software (I'm assuming it's the driver that actually does this) have not done this in the last year.

We're removing the Dell Updater and relying on downloading directly for critical updates.  

For the Intel RST, we're testing every version before we install on the floor.

Brad

0 Kudos
SystemsNerd
Beginner

So, my question remains.  How does one find the latest/correct version of the software?

Thanks,

Brad

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

We appreciate the information provided.

I will go ahead and research about this. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello SystemsNerd,

By any chance, have you tried downloading the Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management from the Microsoft Store? You can check this article for more information https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000056691/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
SystemsNerd
Beginner

Hmmm..   I reloaded my test image on one of these units and went to the MS Store.

I have to admit, it hadn't occurred to me to look there for systems-level tools.

Uhh.   Wow.   First of all, I must already have the same or newer version, as the store didn't want to upgrade anything, just open it.

Second, there was no way to tell what version the store had.   Just that it was added to the store in 2017.

Third.   The reviews for this are Really, Really Bad.   Yes, reading some of the one star reviews, the users are idiots, but there are a lot of them, with the one star reviews being the majority of the reviews present.

I think we'll stick to the version we have now and wait for quite a while before we try a different version.

Thanks,

Brad

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response and update on this matter.

Since no assistance is required and the thread is solved, we will proceed to close it now.  

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos