Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

How to rebuild the array of RAID5 if one of the disks was dropped?

GToldi
Beginner

One of the disk has fallen out of the array after clenaing the PC interior. I cannot get it back (See Current Status.jpg and Status Missing Disk.JPG).

The disk has been marked as Spare. I also commanded the array to be rebuilt on the spare. But apparently, nothing happens.

On the Preferences page (Preferences Auto Rebuild.JPG), I cannot enable the Auto-rebuild on hot plug; it is disabled.

What can I do?

Kind regards, Gabor Toldi

gtoldi@freemail.hu

0 Kudos
8 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello GToldi, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. If possible, please reconnect the drive using a different SATA cable, once done, or even if you are unable to do it, please provide me with an System Support Utility report, this report can be generated from our tool, you can refer to the link below so you can download it:  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Make sure to attach the created report to this thread. Also, I would like to request an Rapid Storage Technology system report, this report can be generated by following the steps in the link below: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006351/technologies.html Finally, I would like to request a screenshot of the disk management showing the disks connected so I can see the status of them in the Windows* disk management. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
GToldi
Beginner

Thanks, David. Here are the reports.

Tomorrow I will check the cabling.

Do you have all the three?

Regards, GToldi

0 Kudos
GToldi
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
GToldi
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello GToldi, Thank you for your response. I was checking your system configuration and I can see that the operating system/hardware combination you have is not supported, in other words, you are using Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology version that is not supported or compatible with your chipset and operating system, the latest version that supports your chipset is the one in the link below: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23496/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver?product=55005 As you can see, it supports up to Windows* 8.1, this could perfectly be causing the issue, you can also try getting in contact with your motherboard manufacturer so they can give you more information or, if possible, other options. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
GToldi
Beginner

Thanks, David, but I have been using this setup for years without any problem! What could have happened?

And why can not I find the way on the GUI to enable the "auto-rebuild on hot plug"? It is disabled, but I cannot enable it!

Now I do an attempt with the older version the link of which you sent.

Regards, Gabor

0 Kudos
GToldi
Beginner

Hi David, I installed the older version, but the problem has not changed.

According to the Help:

"To enable Auto-rebuild on hot plug, follow this procedure:

1.   Click 'Preferences'.

2.   Under System Preferences, click 'Enable' next to Auto-rebuild on hot plug.

3.   In the confirmation dialog box, click 'Yes'. The operation begins automatically."

However, there is no option to enable. (see attached screen shot).

Kind regards,

Gabor

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello GToldi, Thank you for your response. I understand that you have installed an older version of Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology, the problem is that the latest one that supports your hardware does not support your operating system. This could be the reason why the Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology is behaving this way, you installed a version that is still not supported by the O.S/Hardware combination. I understand that you mention it was working properly before; however, this could be because it was working with a generic driver, possibly downloaded with a Windows* update. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos