Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

How to remove SSD from raid array

SXMONEYMAKERXS

I've just bought a 500 GB SSD from crucial two days ago. After I installed my SSD and formatted it. I was getting notifications from RST.  I have been this notification for three days and it was getting annoying. So I started clicking on random things on my Intel RST stop notifying me. After all of that, my laptop started a process called data migration. Then it was completed and I had to rest my laptop. When my laptop turned on, my SSD was gone. I couldn't find it in partitions nor couldn't I find it on file explorer.  I looked back at Intel RST and I found my SSD with my basic disk. Is it possible for my SSD and my basic disk to be separated again or is it too late?  My basic disk doesn't a lot of storage so that is why I bought it to be my second storage disk. I just want my Basic disk and SSD to be two separate things from each other than being combined to become a raid.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello SXMONEYMAKERXS, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).  

2. Based on the screensot that you provided, you have created a RAID 0 array, which cannot be reverted. You need to delete the array, and reinstall the Operating System (OS) from scratch, this will delete your data. 

3. So you can do this please try  the following: 

Note: In case you are not able to access the IRST interface using Ctrl + I, you need to check with your system manufacturer (OEM) for the correct way to access the IRST interface since it can be within the system BIOS.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello SXMONEYMAKERXS,  

Were you able to check the previous post with our recommendations? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
SXMONEYMAKERXS

Yes, I just saw this message so I'm going to try these methods tomorrow. I will let you know if it has worked. Thank you for replying.

0 Kudos
SXMONEYMAKERXS

These are my specs from Intel Support Utility. 

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello SXMONEYMAKERXS,   

Thank you for the report provided, were you able to try the steps previously offered? Remember that you have created a RAID 0 array, which cannot be reverted. You need to delete the array, and reinstall the OS: 

Note: In case you are not able to access the IRST interface using Ctrl + I, you need to check with your system manufacturer (OEM) for the correct way to access the IRST interface since it can be within the system BIOS.   

Regards,   

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello SXMONEYMAKERXS,  

Were you able to check the previous post and follow our recommendations? Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello SXMONEYMAKERXS,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos