Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2046 Discussions

I accidentally created a RAID volume with HDD and SDD

ANoll
Beginner

Hello!

I own an Acer Predator G9-793 and due to the numerous pop ups from the Intel's Rapid Storage Technology on my desktop I ended up "upgrading" my disks into a RAID volume which now I regret deeply

Afterwards I used Acer's RAID_Tool to separate the volume back to C:(SDD) and D:(HDD) and now D: is a clone of C:

Is there a way to take the disks back to its original condition?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Darkmatterial

Thank you for contacting the Intel Communities.

I understand that you are facing some troubles with a possible RAID configuration unwanted on your system.

We can check on that for sure, to find a possible solution together.

I would like to check your current configuration related to Intel(R) RST.

Please follow these steps and attach the report from your system: http://intel.ly/2yedM8O http://intel.ly/2yedM8O

Also, as per the screenshot provided, it doesn't seem to have a RAID configuration, but we can confirm that with the report and proceed accordingly.

Thanks,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
ANoll
Beginner

Hi thanks for the quick response,

Attached is my system's report as you asked.

It looks as if there were two diferent drives but in Windows explorer I can see just one (C:)

Is there a way to reboot the system to its original state?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for reporting back, Darkmatterial

As per the reports, there are no volumes created at this point (RAID arrays).

What I can see as per the screenshot provided is that you have some unallocated space (No asignado) from the disk. This means that section of the drive is not formatted to work with windows.

This can be easily fixed by following these steps:

• Right-click on the unallocated section
  • Select "New Simple Volume"
  • Follow the wizard

If you have more unallocated space after doing that:

• Right-Click on the New Volume (D:)
  • Select "Extend Volume"
  • Follow the wizard
  • Then you should have full volume working and available

Some sections of the drive are system reserved, and this is intended so as in disk (C:) or "Disco 0" some sections of the disk will be unallocated or system reserved, but they should not be very big in size (MBs)

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Darkmatterial,

This is to do a follow up on your case and find out if you were able to check my previous post.

Thanks,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
ANoll
Beginner

Hello!

Thanks for the follow up.

I had to take my computer to an Acer repair center where they formatted the BIOS in order to reset the system to factory conditions. It is that hard to undo your cherished RAID volumes...

An advice from a loyal consumer? Please add more information in your "Intel's Rapid Storage Tool" about the situations in which a RAID volume is necessary and most effective, as well as tools to undo it as in my own scenario I couldn´t find none.

Thanks for trying to support me I really appreciate it.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Darkmatterial,

I am glad to hear you got this solved with the repair center from Acer!

For sure, thank you for the feedback provided, some configurations related to RAID are complicated and it also depends on the options available from the manufacturer side to have flexibility, but yes I understand your point and we really appreciate the feedback.

It was a pleasure to assist you with this matter!.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos