Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2054 Discussions

I accidentally made my D drive as recovery as one-day i received one pop up to make recovery drive. Now i am not able to see my D drive. I did not store much in that drive . but i want D Drive as it has 932GB

PSwai1
Beginner

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You essentially created a RAID1 array when you said yes to creating a recovery drive. You need to remove the two drives from this array. You will hopefully still be able to boot from the C: drive, but the contents of the D: drive are gone (wiped out by the recovery image). Once you have removed the drives from the array, you will need to delete any partitions that appear on this D drive and then create them anew.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
MBeni14
Beginner

Can you give any advice on how to do this? I came across the same issue as OP and don't know how to fix it.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The age of your computer can make a difference to what you need to do...

1. Power on the PC.
  2. When BIOS POST screen appears, try hitting CTRL-I a bunch of times. If nothing happens, it should start to boot (power off in this case).
  3. If CTRL-I works, you should be in a screen where you can remove the drives from the array. Do so.
  4. If CTRL-I didn't work, power on again but this time enter BIOS Setup. There should be a screen where you can see the drives and arrays maintained by RST. Remove the drives from the array.
  5. In both cases, after removing the drives from the array, you should be able to exit.
  6. During subsequent BIOS POST, enter BIOS Setup. Find where it configures the SATA Mode parameter. It will be in at a RAID setting; set it to AHCI. Save and exit. Hopefully your system SSD will still allow you to boot.

That's it,

...S

0 Kudos