Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

I am not updating the operating system due to incompatibility with your drivers, how can I solve it?

GVacc3
Beginner

Hi, I can't complete the windows 10 operating system update due to incompatibility issues. I tried removing the driver and trying again, it didn't work. I tried updating with the driver that recommends W10, it didn't work. I tried updating with the latest version of the Driver, it didn't work. I enclose an image showing the error.errore aggiornamento w10 intel RST.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Completely uninstall Intel RST and then proceed with the upgrade. You can reinstall this package after the upgrade.

...S

0 Kudos
GVacc3
Beginner

I tried several times but it didn't work. in the image the procedure followed

tentativo rimozione driver.png

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @GVacc3​ ,

I think your are looking in wrong place. You should look for Intel RST Software in Storage controllers (i.e. Controller di archiviazione). You should see line "Intel(R) Chipset SATA/PCIe RST Premium Controller. Check the "Delete.." option when uninstalling.

Leon

0 Kudos
GVacc3
Beginner

Thanks for the reply. I looked for the item you suggested (even in storage controller). I deepened the search to look at the details of each driver in search of the file: iastora.sys, nothing. If I look for it with "driverview" I find it. With "devmgmt.msc" no.ricerca driver maledetto.png

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No, no, no! Do not attempt to uninstall the Storage Driver from/using Device Manager. You need to uninstall the full package from the Windows Apps & Features applet. Right-click on the Windows Start Button and, within the dialog displayed, select Apps & Features. Find and click on the entry for Intel Rapid Storage. Click on the Uninstall button to remove the package completely.

...S

0 Kudos
GVacc3
Beginner

I tried all the solutions you proposed to me and they didn't work. thanks for the answers.

I solved by installing the update manually from the windows site and starting it.

0 Kudos