Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

I can't update or uninstall RST at all!

TNabh
Beginner

Here's my log: https://pastebin.com/0z04Qfxa

Hey, so here's what happened:

I installed the latest windows update, so I did that then I noticed my intel driver for that is outdated. So I updated it and after updating It asked me to restart. I chose the option to do it later, but then I noticed there were issues that Microsoft hasn't fixed with the current build, so I reverted back to my previous build forgetting about restarting my PC first for the driver. Anyway, now that I reverted I can't update the driver anymore at all and just keeps giving me a fatal error and telling me to contact support. I even tried uninstalling it but it won't let me do that either.

Please help!

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello TNabh

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community.

You can try the following steps in order to uninstall Intel® RST:

·        Click on the Windows icon to open the menu, select "Programs and features",

·        Right-click on Intel Rapid Storage Technology on the list, and select Uninstall

·        Start and continue the removing process with uninstalling wizards

·        Restart your computer, search for Intel Rapid Storage Technology on the PC and make sure everything has been clear well

You can also try:

·        Right-click on the little Windows icon on the bottom left corner of the screen, and choose Device Manager

·        Double-click to open IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, and go to Driver tab

·        Click on the Uninstall button to delete the driver and reboot the computer when finish 

NOTE: before making any changes we recommend competing having a back up of the system. 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Leonardo C.                        

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
TNabh
Beginner

Hello, I have already tried these two steps before. Both didn't work, It still won't let me uninstall it through the programs and features and deleting it from my device manager managed to not make my pc boot until I restored it back to restore point.

So any other ideas on how I can fix this?

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello TNabh

Can you try loading the Operating system to a point prior you the updates that you have performed?

This link might help:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-system-restore-windows-10

Please be aware that the content on that site is not controlled by Intel®. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® for the merchants or services offered there.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
TNabh
Beginner

I have already done this and to no avail.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello TNabh

·        What error are you having on the system during the update?

·        Are you having any error on the system because of the current Intel® RST version?

·        What is the brand and model of the system?

·        Do you have any RAID structure on the system?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
TNabh
Beginner

It just tells me "fatal error". I already showed you a screenshot!

Are you having any error on the system because of the current Intel® RST version? Answer: currently no.

Do you have any RAID structure on the system? Answer: No.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello TNabh

·        I was not able to find the picture attached, what is the reason you need to complete the Intel® RST updates on the system? 

·        What is the brand and model of the system (motherboard)?

·        Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

·        Steps to save the report:

1-   Run the utility.

2-   Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system.

3-   Once the scan is complete click on “next”.

4-   Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop.

5-   To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
TNabh
Beginner

Okay I attached the TXT file you asked for.

Here's also the screenshot:

Screenshot.png

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello TNabh

we recommend testing the installation of the driver provided by ASRock* the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z370%20Taichi/index.asp#Download and or the lasted driver provided by Intel® https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28650/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver?product=55005, in case this issue still persists This could be a registry issue on the system and we recommend reinstalling the Operating System (OS), before doing so make sure you have a back up of your information.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello TNabh

Have you been able to try the steps provided?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello TNabh

I haven’t heard back from you; please contact us if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos