Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

I can't view my HDD. Is all that data gone?

JMath17
Beginner

I am new to computer building. I installed an Intel Optane 16gb on my computer for my HDD. After while I was not able to open any files from HDD. Is this fixable? I have a 1tb HDD and a 500gb SSD. I have no idea what to do. I tried removing the Optane but it wouldnt boot prompted with m.2 genie error. I put it back in and returned to normal minus the hdd.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JMath17
Beginner

Hello, I got it fixed. I cleared the metadata and everything returned to normal. Sorry for not responding earlier.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Santiago_A_Intel
Employee

Hi JMath17,

Thank you for contacting Intel® SSD support group with your request for assistance with your Intel® Optane™ Memory.

We’ve read your comment and understand this is a new installation and we will proceed as such.

Since we don’t have sufficient details about your system, we are requiring with your cooperation to provide us with some information about it. To do this, Intel® has available, the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows*; you’ll be able to download it on the following link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

·        Please download the software.

·        When finished downloading it, open it and follow instructions

·        Please attach the SSU Log text file obtained, on your next your reply.

Also, your motherboard manufacturer has probably created an Optane™ Memory instruction manual, in order to perform the basic setup to use your Optane™ memory in your system; therefore, we need to know further details on your system, were we can look for this information by reading the Logs after running the System Support Utilities (SSU’s) and recommend to follow their instructions.

For your benefit, Intel® has created several tools to help you out, please follow instructions on the Installation Guide for Intel® Optane™ Memory; it can be found on the following link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023989/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html

In addition to this, Intel® offers convenient video resources to accomplish your Optane™ Installation, please follow this link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023884/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html

To help you further with your request, It will be very helpful to receive from you, a screenshot of the “Disk Management” of windows, showing all your HDDs and partitions.

Please let us know if you might need additional support with your installation.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Santiago A.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Santiago_A_Intel
Employee
Hi JMath17, Greetings from Intel® SSD Support. This is a friendly reminder your case remains open, awaiting for your reply. Please let us know if you might need further assistance. Have a nice day. Best regards, Santiago A. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JMath17
Beginner

Hello, I got it fixed. I cleared the metadata and everything returned to normal. Sorry for not responding earlier.

Thank you!

0 Kudos