Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

I had an alert that read degraded, would you like to repair. I clicked yes, little did I know major changes happened.

AFish4
Beginner

My E: drive is now gone. I had about a TB of data that I cannot find anymore.

please tell me this can be undone.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Worst case, I hope you had a backup of your data.

Doc

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello AFish4,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I was checking this thread and would like to know if you still need assistance. If so, could you please provide the following information to take a look into the environment?

1- Provide a System Report for Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel RST) following the steps in the below link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006351/technologies.html

2- RAID type being used (for instance RAID 1, 5, 10) and the number of disks in the array:

3- Screenshots from the "Intel® RST option ROM" from the BIOS to see the RAID status. The Intel® RST option ROM usually is accessed by pressing Ctrl+I when prompted after the system begins the Power On Self Test (POST). If this method does not work, please check with your system manufacturer for proper instructions.

4- Screenshots from the Intel® RST User Interface program in Windows® showing disk/array volume information and status:

5- Please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread.

5.1- Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

5.2- Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".

5.3- To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

5.4- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello AFish4,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos