Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

I have a message from the IRS saying that one of my SSD unit is incompatible. My laptop is running slower and i would like to know if it depends on this issue, and in any case how i can fix it. Thank you.

AVall16
Beginner

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

AVall16, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this topic, we will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

AVall16, I just received an update on this matter.

We just wanted to confirm if this was part of any RAID level? Since incompatible drive indicates that the volume was moved to another system that does not support the volume type and configuration.

In this situation, volume data is accessible to the operating system and can be backed up, but the volume cannot operate because your system does not support its RAID configuration.

Here are your options:

1.Reconnect the volume to the computer where the volume was originally created, and continue using it.

2.Delete the volume, and then create a new volume with a RAID configuration that is supported by the current system. Follow the procedure described above to delete the volume.

Warning

When a volume is deleted, all existing data on the member disks of the selected volume is permanently erased. It’s recommended that you backup all valuable data prior to beginning this action.

Please get in contact directly with Dell to check for possible issues reported on this problem:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos