Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2046 Discussions

I have mistakenly created a volume and my d drive got disapeared

SNaya4
Beginner

My D drive got disapeared,it was mistakenly converted to volume raid disk of type recovery,now i am not able to acces it,so,how to acces my d drive!?please help!!!

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello SNaya4 Thank you for patience and for joining our Intel® community, I understand that you are facing issues with our Intel ® Rapid Storage Application (RST) I regret to inform you that in this specific case scenario, once that the computer has been placed as recovery, the Intel® Rapid Storage does not have a way to undo these changes. The best option would be to reset the drives to a non-RAID configuration. You may try the following: 1. Access to CTRL - I 2. Reset disks to Non RAID 3. If unable to enter CTRL+ I, you should check with your motherboard manufacturer since it is possible that this is included in Bios. 5. Access regular OS partition to set computer back to factory settings. I also strongly recommend to back up your data as this process involves data loss. I hope this helps. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

​you may  convert  to  gpt  again and  reinstall  windows

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello SNaya4, We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance. Please don’t hesitate on contacting us back. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
ARobi10
Beginner

I also have this problem; on Acer computers there is no way to access a RAID or RST specific portion of the BIOS--one does not exist. Additionally, converting to GPT and reinstalling Windows does -NOT- fix the problem--RST locks down permissions on the disk. While you can use DISKPART or any other utility to change the READ ONLY attribute of the disk to NO, the CURRENT READ ONLY attribute will NOT change to NO (it always remains YES), which means that even if you CLEAN the disk or otherwise destroy the volume occupying the physical disk, you cannot create a properly formatted volume on the disk because it is READ ONLY. This permission issue persists through Windows reinstallation (three of them, in fact).

We need a way, through Intel RST, to have RST surrender permissions, disk hiding, and all of the other lockdown mechanisms it uses on the disks.

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello ARobi10, Thank you for contacting our Intel(r) support. As shared before, the best option would be to reset the drives to a non-RAID configuration. 1. Access to CTRL - I 2. Reset disks to Non RAID 3. If unable to enter CTRL+ I, you should check with your motherboard manufacturer since it is possible that this is included in Bios. 5. Access regular OS partition to set computer back to factory settings. If you own an Acer* computer and cannot access the CTRL - I interface, we strongly encourage you to contact the Acer* for more troubleshooting steps. I hope this helps. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello ARobi10, We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance. Please don’t hesitate on contacting us back. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello ARobi10, We just wanted to double check if you still need help. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello ARobi10, We just wanted to double check if you still need help. We are closing you case as we have not heard anything back from you, however it will remain open if you contact us back. Regards, Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
SNaya4
Beginner
Thank you sir for your help, my problem is solved and my laptop looks better
0 Kudos
NIbra
Beginner

how did you fix your laptop...?

I have same problem and I cant access the Ctrl-i...

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello NIbra, Thank you for contacting our Intel (r) support. In this case, if your machine is not able to access the CTRL+i menu, it could be because the RAID BIOS is block or within the regular BIOS. We strongly encourage to contact the System Manufacturer in order to have this issue supported. Regards, Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos