Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2039 Discussions

I installed one (intell optame memory M10 MEMPEK1J016GAH) to a lenovo ideapad 330s laptop) last year and a few days ago it was deactivated and won't let me activate it. if anyone can give me help, thanks

CGuer16
Beginner

INTELOPTEN.png 

INTELOPTEN2.png

0 Kudos
11 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

What is the message that is displayed when it fails to activate? We cannot translate text in pictures, so you need to provide it to us.

...S

0 Kudos
CGuer16
Beginner

Intel optane memory status disabled.

It seems that the system is ready for intel optane memory, but no optane memory modules have been detected in the computer. install a compatible module.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, CGuer16.

Are you aware of any type of change in the system before this happened? a Windows update or any other software or hardware changes?

Please check the message you have in red at the top of the window, it may be related to the fact that Intel RST is approaching the end of life and you should be Installing the Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management from the Microsoft store.

- See more information here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055419/technologies.html

Let us know if that one works for you.

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
CGuer16
Beginner

No, the laptop slowed down from one moment to the next and I started looking at the intelrst application. and tell me it was disabled.

I have installed and uninstalled almost all the versions that are in intel and lenovo, but it does not work for me.

What I have noticed is that at the time of installing the (iaStoreAC) drive windows does not stop, it says that windows update already installed the best driver.

The laptop comes installed with windows 10 home.inteloptane4.pnginteloptane3.png

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, CGuer16.

Since you mentioned that you already tested different tools available, please check the following:

1. Confirm that no changes took place in the BIOS, check if there is official documentation from the system manufacturer on how to set it up for Optane or contact them directly (setting like CSM disabled, SATA Model AHCI / RST premium or other).

2. Check if remapping enabled for the M.2 socket being used (if available).

3. Did you try installing the previous Optane interface?:

- Download: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29340/Intel-Optane-Memory-User-Interface-and-Driver-for-System-Acceleration?product=99745

4. Have you tested the Optane module on a different computer?

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, CGuer16.

I wanted to follow up on your ticket to check if you tried those recommendations or if you tried anything else.

If you still need assistance, please let me now.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, CGuer16.

This message is to follow up on your ticket regarding the Intel® Optane™ Memory that stopped working.

I previously recommended to try with the previous Intel® Optane™ Memory interface and to check with the motherboard/system manufacturer the appropriate settings for Optane™ to work in this particular system in case something changed.

I will proceed to close the thread for now since there has been no response, if further assistance is required, you can always contact us back.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
CGuer16
Beginner

Hello, good morning, thanks.

I tried all the software versions but none of them worked, and I have no way to test it on another computer, I formatted the optane memory and left it blank, I don't know whether to configure it as at least cache memory or readyboots, to give it some utility. the other thing I thought was to wait two months that I can spend time formatting and reinstalling everything again. I have also thought about installing a ubuntu partition, if it finds if it works for me and passing all my heavy programs to ubuntu.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, CGuer16.

Thank you for the response.

In this particular case, since the Optane™ Memory refuses to work the way it is intended to (accelerate a slower media), you can certainly try to use it as a regular storage unit, just keep in mind this usage is not supported or validated by us.

There are a couple of steps we can take before that if you are interested.

1. You can provide me with the markings of your Optane™ Memory module via private message (ISN and SA number, or picture of the label) to check if the unit is under warranty.

2. I'm not sure if you have tried to reach the system manufacturer (Lenovo in this case). If support is still provided for your system, you may check with them if they have any particular recommendations or steps to make sure you can enable the Optane™ acceleration.

There is also the option to contact us via live support (phone or chat) and possibly establish a remote session in case you would like us to try to enable it or check the settings. My colleagues can also help you with the first step I mentioned regarding the warranty.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
CGuer16
Beginner

These days I write to the lenovo support and they will recommend that I format the hard drive, well, it is still under warranty until August, but I will do it later.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, CGuer16.

Good day,

Perfect, that will not be a problem.

If you decide to contact us later regarding the warranty, you can reference a ticket number I will provide you via private message.

I will proceed to close the thread right now, if you require any ticket of assistance form Intel in the future, you can always contact us back.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos