Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2049 Discussions

I just configured my SSD (120 GB) to Intel RST with my HHD (2TB) but now I am missing a recently installed secondary SSD (480 GB). Where is my recently installed secondary SSD?

GRmeta
Beginner

0 Kudos
13 Replies
GRmeta
Beginner

I do not have the RAID 0 but i have not tried the metadata option.

My Disk Management does not show the original HHD (2TB) and the newly installed SSD (480GB).

Please help Intel.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello GRmeta, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. Please provide me with a screenshot of the disk management. Also, I would like to request an System Support Utility report, this report can be generated from our tool, you can refer to the link below so you can download it:  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Make sure to attach the created report to this thread. Please also provide a system report by following the steps in the link below: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006351/technologies.html Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
GRmeta
Beginner

I have uploaded my pictures to "my files", in my profile.

How do i undue Intel RST? its not giving me the desired results and limits my 2TB HHD to only a 120 GB SSD backup.

Please assist. I don't want to do a factory reset, as suggested by your other options.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello GRmeta, Thank you for your response. Please attach the requested information in this thread so that I can access it and review the information. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
GRmeta
Beginner

I have provided the requested file into my profile.

I need assistance in undoing the Intel RST to get my 2 TB HHD back.

Every update i get off my 120 GB SSD says there is not enough space, even though i tried Intel RST.

Please assist.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello GRmeta, Thank you for your response. I have requested prior, please provide the information in this thread so I can assist you further. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Make sure to attach the created report to this thread. Please also provide a system report by following the steps in the link below: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006351/technologies.html Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
GRmeta
Beginner

As requested here is the system report I provided into my profile.

I need assistance in undoing the Intel RST to get my 2 TB HHD back.

Every update i get off my 120 GB SSD says there is not enough space, even though i tried Intel RST.

Please assist.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello GRmeta, Thank you for your response. I am not able to see the information in the profile, I will proceed to send you an e-mail, please respond to the e-mail with the attachments requested so I can continue assisting you. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello GRmeta, Thank you for your response. Upon review of the system report I can see that 2 SSD's are available as well as 2 HDD's which appear to be 2TB. This means that the drives are being recognized by the system and thus they should be showing under disk management. Please go to disk management and see if the system asks you to initialize it. If not, then please send a screenshot of the disk management. NOTE: Initializing a drive with data in it could mean that the data in the drive was corrupted and the process will delete any data in it, if you have data in the drive and the system asks you to initialize it then please look for data recovery options before continuing with the process. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
GRmeta
Beginner

​Thank you for your input. I dont want to initialize my drive just yet because  I will lose some data because of Intel RST.

My issue that I always run into is that my BOOT SSD is always full.

Now, I need your assistance on undoing Intel RST on my computer to put it back into separate drives

I have read up on the issues and I have only found that a factory reset is your only option.

Does not have an uninstall feature for Intel RST?

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello GRmeta, Thank you for your response. In this case, in order to fully remove Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology (including the driver) a re-installation of the operating system may be needed. You can proceed to delete the Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology from the programs & features; however, that will only remove the interface and not the driver itself. Of course, you can still try deleting it through Programs & Features first and see if the issue persists. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello GRmeta, Were you able to check my post? Let me know if you need any more assistance. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello GRmeta, Please contact us if you have any additional questions. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos