Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

I want to be notified by Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management in the event of a RAID malfuncti

nekocafe
Beginner

I have no documentation, so I would like to ask a question.

I would like to be notified by Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management in the event of a RAID malfunction. Can I be notified in the lower right corner by installing the software without having to change the Windows settings?

I would simply like to know the behavior of Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management if it will notify me if there is a problem with the RAID, even without Windows notification settings.

I am referring to the following website, but I don't see an "option to receive notifications from apps or other senders" in the latest Windows 10 or Windows 11, so I would like to know how to get notifications from IRST when RAID problems occur.

https://www.intel.co.jp/content/www/jp/ja/support/articles/000087944/technologies/intel-rapid-storag...

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steven_Intel

Hello nekocafe,

Please get the latest RST driver from the motherboard/device manufacturer and then install Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management (https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/intel%C2%AE-optane%E2%84%A2-memory-and-storage-management/9MZNG5HZWZ1T?hl=en-us&gl=us). You can try the generic Intel® Rapid Storage Technology with Intel® Optane™ Memory for 11th and 12th Gen Platforms (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/720755/intel-rapid-storage-technology-driver-installation-software-with-intel-optane-memory-11th-and-12th-gen-platforms.html) or the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology User Interface and Driver for older platforms(https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15667/intel-rapid-storage-technology-intel-rst-user-interface-and-driver.html?), but we cannot guarantee the generic drivers work for limitations the motherboard manufacturers can set for their configurations, for that reason we always recommend getting the proper driver from the motherboard manufacturer.

Follow these steps to enable Notifications:

1. Enable Notifications on Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management:

1. Open the Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management app.

2. Click Settings.

3. Under Notifications settings, click Change settings.

4. Enable Notifications.

2. Enable Notifications on Windows:

1. Click the Windows Start button and select the settings gear in the lower-left corner.

2. Click System.

3. Select Notifications & actions.

4. Confirm the option to Get notifications from apps and other senders is enabled.

5. Scroll down to see Get notifications from these senders, Show notifications from these apps, or similar and enable notifications for Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management.

Please let me know of the outcome.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello nekocafe,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

The Intel® RST or Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management application versions 17.x and above will not come with a notification area or tray icon to notify about failures.

You should be able to see the options in Windows settings (see attached screenshot). Otherwise, make sure you have Windows and all drivers updated.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
nekocafe
Beginner

Hi Steven_Intel!

I have not been able to find the Intel® RST or Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management application in Notifications & Actions, even with the latest Windows and drivers, right after reinstalling Windows.

If so, how can we find the settings?

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response.

I would like to research about this. In order to do so, could you please confirm if you installed both Intel® RST and Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management applications after reinstalling Windows?

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
nekocafe
Beginner

Hi Steven G.

・Reinstalling Windows 10 Ver. 21H2 build 19044.1288 did not improve the problem.
・Intel Optane Memory Strage management ver. 18.1.1026.0 / driver version 18.37.1.1003 installation also failed to improve.
・Complete shutdown has not been improved.
・SCANNOW/DISM is not improved.

One manufacturer has instructed us to use Intel Rapid Strage Technology since Intel Optane Memory Strage management notification is no longer available.
Does INTEL distribute IRST?

I would appreciate any advice you could give me.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

The Intel® RST driver/software is usually provided by the device/motherboard manufacturer, found in their website.

I am going to work on this. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello nekocafe,

Please get the latest RST driver from the motherboard/device manufacturer and then install Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management (https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/intel%C2%AE-optane%E2%84%A2-memory-and-storage-management/9MZNG5HZWZ1T?hl=en-us&gl=us). You can try the generic Intel® Rapid Storage Technology with Intel® Optane™ Memory for 11th and 12th Gen Platforms (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/720755/intel-rapid-storage-technology-driver-installation-software-with-intel-optane-memory-11th-and-12th-gen-platforms.html) or the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology User Interface and Driver for older platforms(https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15667/intel-rapid-storage-technology-intel-rst-user-interface-and-driver.html?), but we cannot guarantee the generic drivers work for limitations the motherboard manufacturers can set for their configurations, for that reason we always recommend getting the proper driver from the motherboard manufacturer.

Follow these steps to enable Notifications:

1. Enable Notifications on Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management:

1. Open the Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management app.

2. Click Settings.

3. Under Notifications settings, click Change settings.

4. Enable Notifications.

2. Enable Notifications on Windows:

1. Click the Windows Start button and select the settings gear in the lower-left corner.

2. Click System.

3. Select Notifications & actions.

4. Confirm the option to Get notifications from apps and other senders is enabled.

5. Scroll down to see Get notifications from these senders, Show notifications from these apps, or similar and enable notifications for Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management.

Please let me know of the outcome.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
nekocafe
Beginner

Hi Steven G.

Thank you very much.
I will try what you have taught me.
I will contact you within a few days with the results.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

We will be waiting for the outcome of performing the steps.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
nekocafe
Beginner

Hello Steven G.

Thank you for the other day.
We have installed IRST from the third URL you provided and are looking into the situation.
You may close this case once, but do you have a case number or other information that would allow us to reopen it if we need further assistance?

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

We will proceed to close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question in relation to this thread. 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. We appreciate your understanding.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos