Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

IAstordatamgrsvc.exe unauthorized changes blocked

Oneoftheguyz
Beginner

HI,

Why do I keep getting these messages?  Why should this happen at all?   Could this be why my computer is sooooo slow when it starts?    

I am at a loss because these drivers keep wanting to update... and really... I feel that everything should update from within windows update.  This whole thing seems like a recipe for security holes.

Why is this accessing memory and why does it not have permission if it needs it?
How do I uninstall it and will I suffer for doing it?

This is just for an HP envy laptop... and possibly a Dell workstation.

Oneoftheguyz_0-1639170513203.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello Oneoftheguyz

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. The IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe file is related relate to the Intel® RST monitor service, please try the steps from article:

You will need to get the RST customized drivers from the manufacturer of each system (for each model). If you have any questions please let us know.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Oneoftheguyz
Beginner

I would think the thing to do would be to delete it.  My laptop will not let it run because of the memory it is trying to access.  I can tell the system to let it run... but should I?

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the update, it's up to you if you want to uninstall or update the software. Our recommendation is to follow the steps from the article, get the drivers directly from the system manufacturer and complete the updates.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.   

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos