Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

In der Intel RST kann man sich Emails zuschicken lassen. In den Email Voreinstellungen kann man aber kein Passwort eingeben, um die Email verschlüßelt zu versenden. SMTP geht nur noch über SSL und benötigt Port 465.

SmartMart
Beginner

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello SmartMart,

I would like to inform you that our support is only provided in English. To better assist you, we use a translation tool. Also, to attach a file, you must click the "Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

Finally, I would like to inform you that the email notification feature that comes in Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) requires an email address without SMTP authentication. Any email address that requires authentication will not work.

Bear in mind that Intel® Rapid Storage Technology has been designed for software RAID solutions. Usually software RAID solutions come with more limited features. If you need to use an email with SMTP authentication the best option would be using a hardware RAID solution.

Esteban Ch.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello SmartMart,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To better assist you, could you please provide us with the following information: 

-Could you please run the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* and share the results with me? You will find the tool at the following link.

-The Intel® Rapid Storage Technology report, if you do not know how to generate this report check the following link.

-Is this a new setup or it has worked?

Esteban Ch.

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello SmartMart,

Were you able to check the previous post? If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Esteban Ch.

0 Kudos
SmartMart
Beginner

I've got the two reports, which I wanted to post below, as there is no way to attach files to this reply. But unfortunaltely I got an error message that the post would be to long.

But actually I'm astonished why you need reports to figure out that your software is purely missing an input field for sending secure email (see picture I added in the initial question). Maybe you don't understand German, so let me explain in english. In order so send an email it is conclusive to use SSL with port 465. This will only work, if a username (which should be the email) and password is provided. As the software does not offer a field for passwords this feature is simply useless.

Also, no, it is not a new setup and it never has worked, because your software is missing an essential input field.

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello SmartMart,

I would like to inform you that our support is only provided in English. To better assist you, we use a translation tool. Also, to attach a file, you must click the "Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

Finally, I would like to inform you that the email notification feature that comes in Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) requires an email address without SMTP authentication. Any email address that requires authentication will not work.

Bear in mind that Intel® Rapid Storage Technology has been designed for software RAID solutions. Usually software RAID solutions come with more limited features. If you need to use an email with SMTP authentication the best option would be using a hardware RAID solution.

Esteban Ch.

0 Kudos