Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2054 Discussions

Installed RST (not new drivers, had RAID already) Now boot drive not accessible

SDevo
Beginner

Hi,

This PC went from Windows 7 to 8 to 8.1 to 10.

I had RAID configured in the rom controller from the very beginning. It only has one drive right now, but it showed in bios display as "Non-Raid Device".

I added two raid disks that had failed on another system. I needed to add the windows software to diagnose the new drives. I installed RST without installing the optional driver upgrade.

Now windows starts to boot and goes to the repair utilities and cannot find windows 10.

Do I need to add the new RAID driver to the boot drive? If so HOW?

FYI: the 2 extra disks have been removed and repaired elsewhere.

Thanks,

Sean

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CMcCa4
Beginner

I am having the same issue, a little help would be appreciated from Intel!

0 Kudos
CMcCa4
Beginner

You may try following /message/340186# 340186 this originally posted by /mobile/mobile-access.jspa# jive-content?content=/api/core/v3/contents/401006 MikeRowley.

Chris

0 Kudos
AJana1
Valued Contributor I

Hello, SeanDevoy

RAID is an interesting thing, but through your descriptions, I do not know what kind of RAID mode (JBOD, RAID-0, RAID-1, RAID-5 or something else) you had configured before. You said there is only one drive at this moment, but how many drives were used to set up this RAID when you working under Windows 7 through 10 normally? I have no ideas why you borrowed two failed raid disks on another system (another computer? another operating system on the same RAID?), if you had three disks setting up for RAID-5, then only one disk remained, I would make sure that your system could not be restored, there is no biz with RST driver. If in your RAID configuration, there was only one drive, you might change it back to legacy IDE mode, and have a try!

Best Regards,

Aaron Janagewen

0 Kudos