Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Inte 750 and RST [won't install]

BryanFury
New Contributor I

Greetings

Any clue why no version of RST won't possibly install to my PC? I just switched from raid0 array made out of Intel 530 240 GB SSD's to Intel 750 1.2 TB SSD, everything works like charm but...

...I can't RST to be installed on my system. Some blabber about incompatibility with the system, some that they need to restart the system and I Need to run the setup once more, and when I do that they do the same thing over and over again.

Any clues?

thank You

regards

Bryan

p.s.: my rig is Asus Maximus VII Formula, 4790k, 32 gigs of ram running windows 10 pro and some stuff around...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ppara5
Valued Contributor I
0 Kudos
BryanFury
New Contributor I

Ugh, about 4 hours ago, my Windows 10 Pro ran RST with Intel 530 240 GB raid0 array for past 6 months or so, and I exchanged a few versions within the time so...Your suggestion isn't very helpful, but thank You anyhow.

p.s.: I cloned my current system from raid0 array to my new 750 SSD drive...

0 Kudos
ppara5
Valued Contributor I

Remember what the definition of "supported" is. It means that Intel released tested device drivers for Windows 10 for all parts of the computer. Intel left the motherboard business, so available drivers might work or they might not. The step from 530 to NVME is actually rather large. I didn't mean to ruin your day, sorry.

0 Kudos