Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Intel RST 18.xxx Windows Event Log

Roberto123
Beginner

Hello,

I have an ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME Z590-P motherboard and I want to know what events are generated in Windows Event Viewer.

For previous versions I was able to see the logs generated by the following sources: (iaStorAC, iaStorAVC, iaStorDataMgrSvc, iaStorV) - Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z390 M-CF. On this motherboard is installed the "old" IRST, without Optane.

Roberto123_0-1644403415231.png

But on the Z590-P I can only install the new one, and in Event Viewer I don't see any logs generated by these sources: (iaStorAC, iaStorAfs, iaStorAVC, iaStorV) and the iaStorDataMgrSvc source is missing.

Roberto123_1-1644403990162.png

Can someone help me.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JosueO_Intel

Hello Roberto123, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. 

In this case, once any version of Intel® RST is installed, there are no event logs, Intel® RST or Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management application versions 17.x and above do not come with a notification area or tray icon to notify about failures. The Notifications feature is now handled by the operating system and this will only work through Microsoft Notification Center. Messages will be displayed if the option within the Intel® RST/Optane™ console is enabled and Windows* will take care of notifications. 

Any time Intel® RST/Optane™ detects an issue or new events, it will communicate with Microsoft Notification Center and will display the message on the notification area from Windows. For this to work properly, Windows® needs to have notifications active. Make sure that notifications are also enabled on the app and on Windows® Settings.

Regards,

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello Roberto123, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. 

In this case, once any version of Intel® RST is installed, there are no event logs, Intel® RST or Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management application versions 17.x and above do not come with a notification area or tray icon to notify about failures. The Notifications feature is now handled by the operating system and this will only work through Microsoft Notification Center. Messages will be displayed if the option within the Intel® RST/Optane™ console is enabled and Windows* will take care of notifications. 

Any time Intel® RST/Optane™ detects an issue or new events, it will communicate with Microsoft Notification Center and will display the message on the notification area from Windows. For this to work properly, Windows® needs to have notifications active. Make sure that notifications are also enabled on the app and on Windows® Settings.

Regards,

Josue O.  

JosueO_Intel

Hello Roberto123, 

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Regards,

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Roberto123, 

We noticed you marked our post as solution, we would like to know if you need more assistance. 

Regards,

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
Roberto123
Beginner

Hello Josue_O_Intel,

Everything is OK. Thanks for help.

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Roberto123, 

You are very welcome!

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Regards,

Josue O.  

0 Kudos