Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Intel RST Download Center "Read Me" files not posted

TGold1
New Contributor II

I was checking the various Intel RST downloads and noticed the "read me" files are not posted for at least some of the previously released versions.

Is there a source for the various "read me" files or release notes for the different Intel RST versions?

Regards

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TGold1
New Contributor II

Thank you Sylvia,

The ones that I was interested in reading were for RST versions 10.1.0.1008 and 11.0.0.1032.

These are the Download Center's recommendations for the DX58SO and DX58SO2, respectively.

Is there a way to have them restored to the Download Center?

Regards

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

I'm sorry Tjg79, but what the Download center shows is what we have available.

I don't want to give you fake expectations, but I will ask if someone can include those file on the site. I'll let you know.

0 Kudos
TGold1
New Contributor II

Thank you Sylvia,

I appreciate your efforts. I understand that someone may have decided to remove those files for a reason. Although those desktop boards are no longer actively supported by Intel, I think the information is helpful when trying to troubleshoot an RST issue. Also, there may still be some of those boards still under Intel warranty.

As time passes and users change or upgrade to new operating systems, it's very helpful to be able to read if a particular Intel driver or software is supported or is likely to work. In a previous Intel chat, a comment was made that contrary to what the download center indicated was the correct driver for a particular operating system, that particular driver didn't support Win 7. I wanted to check that out.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Regards

0 Kudos