Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Intel RST VMD Managed Controller 09AB reporting bad status value

nurishmah
Beginner

Hello, I just check my system diagnostic report and there's an error with unknown symptoms. The cause is Intel RST VMD Managed Controller 09AB reporting bad status value. I've checked through the device manager and the Intel RST VMD Managed Controller 09AB device status is "No drivers are installed for this device". Below, I also attach my SSU scan. What's the best solution for this problem?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello nurishmah,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. When did the issue start?

2. Can you take a picture of the errors shown?

3. Are you having issues with the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) tool? Is it chasing or giving errors?

4. Have you checked with Acer for drivers and updates?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello nurishmah,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello nurishmah, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
NVG_BHI
Beginner

Hello

I did find a link with a recommendation for this issue but the link is dead now.
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055681/technologies/intel-rapid-storage-technology-intel-rst.html

Can someone at Intel tell me what the latest recommendation for this issue is? 
I get this result in most of my new Dell, Win 11 Pro machines and they have a tendency to have more memory issues. Even when I know they don't need this driver. 

0 Kudos