Recently we purchased some HP 8300 elite computers. They were shipped with two disks, as this :
1x 20 GB SSD hard drive
1x 500 GB SATA hard drive
the SSD is used as a cache-disk and normally we should be able to accelerate the other disk (where System is installed). I installed Windows 7 Pro 64-bits on this computer, downloaded and installed the latest version of Intel Rapid Storage Technology software but I don't have the option to accelerate my disk.
Please see below :
1. in Windows Disk Manager (only one system partition) :
2. in Intel RST homepage, I can see my SSD-cache and system disk:
3. but in Performance tab I cannot accelerate my system disk, it is not present in the right-sidebar and the button "accelerate" is missing:
Any idea what could be the problem ?
Thank you in advance for your help.
Please note this community space is dedicated to provide support for Intel® SSDs only.
In regards of Intel® Rapid Storage Technology and Intel® Smart Response Technology you may want to post this subject in the Intel® Chipset Communities or contact your computer manufacturer for further assistance.
Actually, is it possible to perform a secure erase or low level format on the Intel® SSD?
Please use the Intel® SSD Toolbox in order to run a secure erase:
Additionally, you can use Diskpart within Windows* to clean and reset your Solid state drive. To use this tool, you can either open up a command prompt window within Windows, or boot from the Windows* installer CD, allow it to load the files, and get to the part where it allows you to choose the drives and partitions after the license agreement.
At this part press Shift-F10 this will load a DOS environment (when using the Windows* installer disc).
Type the following and hit enter after every line:
- Diskpart (it will display information in regards to the tool)
- list disk (it will show a list of your available disks with a number next to)
- select disk # (replace the "# " with the number representing the drive you wish to clean)
- clean all (after this it will stay at a blinking cursor during about 15 minutes for a 80GB drive)
You only need to use one of the above methods and then try to enable the acceleration again.