Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Intel® RST and Intel® Driver & Support Assistant misalignment

krzemien
New Contributor II

Dear Intel,

Are you able to advise why your IDSA v20.6.22.6 (so, the latest version) keeps advising me that there's newer Intel® RST Driver available (for Intel® 7th Gen and Later Platform as it says on the tin) whereas my system is Gen 6 CPU so clearly this driver does not apply?

Please refer to the enclosed screenshot.

Capture.JPG

As frankly that's not the first time I see this message on this system in recent months would you be able to become compatible with yourself please - and ultimately get this right once and for all?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello krzemien

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our team has updated the driver detection as this driver was provided in error. When you re-scan with IDSA, you should not be offered an RST driver that isn't compatible with your system. We apologize for the inconvenience

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi krzemien

Can you check in BIOS what is the SATA mode setting in your computer?

Leon

0 Kudos
krzemien
New Contributor II

Just checked and 'SATA Emulation' setting is set to AHCI. As expected as I do not have any RAID devices.

I fail to see what this setting has to do with the above problem though - this is a matter of pushing incorrect software package to unsupported devices.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi,

1. You are right, you don't need this RST driver at all. HP tends to install redundant software.
  2. Open the Device Manager, Storage Controllers section.
  3.  Right click on Intel Chipset SATA/PCIe RST Premium Controller and then click on Uninstall device (check the option "Delete the driver...")
  4. Open Apps and Features (Windows settings) and uninstall (if any) RST or Optane software.

Leon

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello krzemien

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our team has updated the driver detection as this driver was provided in error. When you re-scan with IDSA, you should not be offered an RST driver that isn't compatible with your system. We apologize for the inconvenience

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
krzemien
New Contributor II

Hey Leo,

Many thanks for your guys prompt reaction - will verify it tomorrow and advise accordingly.

0 Kudos
krzemien
New Contributor II

Can formally confirm that the issue has been addressed. I will mark this thread accordingly.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos