Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Intel RST rebuild/verify only 9-12% per boot

adsadsfadfasdf
Beginner

I've been using RST for years on a couple of Win10 computers (RAID5). But after updating to v.18.30.1.1138 (may have started earlier, but I didn't notice) and the Windows Store version of Optane/Storage Mgmt, either a rebuild or a verify will only do 9-12% before halting in its progress. At that point, the only option is to reboot, at which point it picks up where it left off and goes another 9-12% before halting again. It's very consistent in that it's always between 9-12% where it stops on both PCs.

If it happened on only one PC, I'd guess it was a BIOS problem, but it's now happening on two different PCs, years apart in age and from different manufacturers. Both worked fine in the past. The one commonality is driver v.18.30.1.1138 and the v.18.0.1017.0 Optane/Storage Mgmt app.

As a test, I've left stuff up without a boot for as much as a week (multiple times) and it's consistent this way on both PCs -- once it halts, only a reboot starts it again. Given that it now happens on both PCs, I have to think it's a bug. Is Intel aware of this?

Thanks

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

adsadsfadfasdf, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

For this scenario, before trying any changes, we always recommend to save and back up any important information you might have on your system.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance and review this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Do you see any error messages at the moment that it stops at 12%? Please attach the SSU report from each computer so we can verify further details about the components in your platforms, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Additionally, please provide a screenshot with the information that is showing under the tab that is called "About" as you can see in the picture below from each computer:

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
adsadsfadfasdf
Beginner

I already rolled back to 17.8 on both machines since that version works as expected. I found another guy on this forum having the same issue where it halts. It has to be a bug. The chipset in both cases is supported by the 18.0 version, it simply doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

adsadsfadfasdf, Thank you very much for providing that information.

For us to determine if this is really a bug with the tool, we will do further research on this matter, but in order for us to be able to do that, please provide the SSU report from your system using the link provided in our previous post.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello adsadsfadfasdf, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello adsadsfadfasdf, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos