Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Intel Rapid Storage Destroyed my 1tb toshiba Hard disk please help me !

BhanuKalra
Novice

Intel Rapid Storage Destroyed my 1tb Toshiba Hard disk please help me !

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You have put your SSD and HDD into a RAID1 array, essentially using the HDD to maintain a backup of the SSD contents. I have no idea why you did that but you shouldn't have and you need to understand that you have wiped out the contents of your HDD in the process. You need to remove the array to return the drives to being separate entities. You can try to do this from the Memory and Storage (MAS) tool or from the BIOS. As I said, once this is done, you will have to reinitialize and format the the HDD.

Sorry, I hope there wasn't anything important on your HDD,

...S

View solution in original post

6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You have put your SSD and HDD into a RAID1 array, essentially using the HDD to maintain a backup of the SSD contents. I have no idea why you did that but you shouldn't have and you need to understand that you have wiped out the contents of your HDD in the process. You need to remove the array to return the drives to being separate entities. You can try to do this from the Memory and Storage (MAS) tool or from the BIOS. As I said, once this is done, you will have to reinitialize and format the the HDD.

Sorry, I hope there wasn't anything important on your HDD,

...S

BhanuKalra
Novice

I do have a lot of internet to use i don't need the backup of d drive as it only included games movies series and all that stuff which was not needed

0 Kudos
BhanuKalra
Novice

I have installed Intel® Memory and Storage Tool (GUI) according to you and next i dun know what to do

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I only use RST myself on older machines and thus not using the MAS tool. The better place to do this (IMHO) is in the BIOS. On UEFI-based implementations, there should be a place in BIOS Setup where you can remove/delete the array. If not, try CTRL-I during POST and see if that gets you into the traditional RST OpROM program. If you cannot figure this out, contact your PC vendor for help with their BIOS.

...S

BhanuKalra
Novice
0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello BhanuKalra

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

The best option in this case is to check this directly with the laptop manufacturer, this is related to the BIOS interface and how to enable the drives in BIOS. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos