Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Intel Rapid Storage Driver Softwareupdate of 220/12/24 causes Samsung Magican not to work as before

JanB
Beginner

Since this update to v 1.4.20 . Samsung Magican 6.2.1 is no longer able  to manage  my 2 Samsung 970 EVO M2 drives . Not able to display temperature etc.

Before this update  this was working OK. It now sees my SATA connected 840 EVO drive as first drive and not  the M2 EVO 970 System drive on my system  and the other EVO 970 SSD. They show later on in the drives list.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jose_V_Intel

Hello JanB,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community. 

Based on the information that you provided and in order to better understand your issue please provide the following information: 

• From where did you update the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST)

• Screenshots of the error or issue.

We will be waiting for your answers.

Regards.

Jose V.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JanB
Beginner

The SSU support site will  not open, so I will attach the requested generated file here.

I think the message came from the Asus EZ update app and not from the Intel Drivers Support Assistant this time.  I ran that one too and it indicated I was up to date.

B.t.w I' m running in Win10 Pro Insiders version 21277 at  the moment, but after that update Samsing  Magican was still running without this  problem.

0 Kudos
JanB
Beginner

To be sure I uninstalled the Rapid Storage driver,  downloaded a new copy from the Intel site and reinstalled it. Problem remains.

0 Kudos
Jose_V_Intel

Hi JanB,

Thanks for your response.

In this case, I recommend you the following;

Regards.

Jose V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JanB
Beginner

Intel RST is not available on the Microsoft store. The latest version of INtel RST  is installed also, according the Intel driver and Support assist scan results.

I have sent the generated txt file by the utility  and atached in  support item respons. As simple the generated link by the utility  does not seem to exist any more! Tested id on Edge and Chrome

I wil wait and see what the next Windows Insider version 21277 +  will do. Reinstalling Windows is not an option for me at the moment for this issue.

I will also contact Samsung support and report the issue.

But under 21277 and the current Samsung app and the previous Intel RST is was working OK.

0 Kudos
JanB
Beginner

In addition: Why  is, since the update, the NMVE driver  for my M2 devices  now  Intel Corporation 17.9.4.1017 acoording the unsupported mesage of Samsug Magican where  the Samsung NMVE driver version  3.0.0.1802 is installed in  my system?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If you installed the Intel RST package after the Samsung package, then the Samsung NVMe Storage Driver is going to be replaced by the Intel NVMe Storage Driver. If you have any intention of placing NVMe SSDs into a RAID array, use an Optane SSD or use an Optane Module to accelerate the performance of a SATA SSD/HDD, then you *must* stay with the Intel NVMe Storage Driver. Otherwise, you can uninstall, reboot and then reinstall the Samsung package to return control to the Samsung Storage Driver.

...S

0 Kudos
JanB
Beginner

Thank you. That brought me into the direction of the solution.

I do not use any Intel Optane M2 modules at the moment. But obviously are useing the Optabe NVME driver.

I checked  the UEFI Bios settings for my two M2 drives and found the overal setting  for the two M2 drives was: Intel RST Premium with Intel Q and both drives had  RST controlled enabled. 

I switched back to ACHI  and  RST  disabled for the M2 Drives, got inaccessable boot device,  but W10 started in recovery mode  seleceted Advanced options, checked for  try to solve the startup problem . It  went into repair  CHKDSK and then was able to reboot . After that I was able to instal the latest Samsung NVM Expres Driver 3.3. without any problem.

0 Kudos