Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Intel Rapid Storage Tech: "Your system is reporting one or more events, and data may be at risk."

Reyden
Beginner

For Clarity on the error the Intel Rapid Storage:

"Current Status

Your system is reporting one or more events, and data may be at risk.
Your system is configured to enable advanced SATA features for optimal power management and increased storage performance.
Refer to the details below for more information. "

I have a system information report below in case i'd be asked for it. Is there anyone who can help?

This was a previously a post for another issue, but that was resolved. I thought that issue I was having with the Intel Driver support would be the thing to make this go away, but it didn't work.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Reyden
Beginner

Is there anyone who can help?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

In this case, the 1TB HDD's S.M.A.R.T. support is providing an indication of a pending failure. This indication is provided to give you time to replace the drive before a data loss can occur. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-Monitoring,_Analysis_and_Reporting_Technology for an overview of S.M.A.R.T. 

Now, these indications can sometimes be false-positives, so my first recommendation would be to power cycle (shutdown and then power back on) the system and see if the indication is again provided. If it is, then you need to replace this drive as soon as possible.

If replacement of the drive proves necessary and you need help with the process, feel free to let us know.

...S

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Reyden,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST). 

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. When did the issue start? Is it recent?

2. Are you using an Intel Optame Memory?

3. Are you using the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) drive from Intel or MSI?

4. Have you performed a backup of your information?

5. Which RAID configuration are you using (RAID 0, RAID 1, etc)?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Reyden,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Reyden, 

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you.  

I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos