Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2054 Discussions

Intel Rapid Storage Technology - SATA Disk removed

klocek
Beginner

Hello,

When I started the game (drive D I got the message "Intel Rapid Storage Technology SATA Disk removed".

The only time the disk comes back is when the computer is restarted, and when the game is launched from the disk, it disconnects again.

After uninstalling the program, the drive works fine.

Regards, waiting for your reply.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello klocek,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. RST version.
  2. Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management application version.
  3. What is the game that causes the issue?
  4. Which program did you uninstall? RST?
  5. Does it only happens with that game or also with other applications?
  6. Have you tried using a different SSD to discard a hardware issue?

Also, please download and install the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
klocek
Beginner

Here is it,

1. RST version. - I download the newest from the intel site.
  2. Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management application version. - I don't have that on my pc
  3. What is the game that causes the issue? - CSGO, World of Tanks, and some others.
  4. Which program did you uninstall? RST? - Yes, I uninstalled the Rapid Storage Technology 
  5. Does it only happens with that game or also with other applications? - I saw that it mostly happens in games
  6. Have you tried using a different SSD to discard a hardware issue? - Some time ago I bought a new SSD from Samsung 1tb. The old hard drive (HDD 1TB Seagate) had the same problem but at that time it was rather a technical defect. I have done scans in disk health check programs and everything is fine with the disk.

I attached the scan from System Support Utility.

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello klocek,

Thank you for the information provided.  

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello klocek,

In this case, this error message is caused by a hardware error with the board or with the SSD/HDD. Our recommendation is to check with the OEMs for hardware troubleshooting with their devices. 

Hope this information is useful, if you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
klocek
Beginner

Hello again,

I have one more question, could it be a cable fault?

Regards,

Klocek

0 Kudos
klocek
Beginner

After scan, the program says its all good and don't recognize the problems.

scan by samsungmagician.png

0 Kudos