Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Intel Smart Response Technology FAIL (IRST)

KOT
Beginner

Hello! Can you help me please?

PC Specs: Intel Core i7-2600K, ASUS Z68, 16GB DDR3, HDD 1.5TB WD Black + SSD-cache 60GB ISRT, Windows 10 Home x64.

Intel Smart Response Technology was set to enhanced mode which should be 100% safe for my data on HDD even if SSD would fail.

It was working fine until one day. PC started to load really slow, but still working.

So i bought a new big SSD, installed OS on it, plugged in (PC power off of course) my HDD to copy data from it and guess what? Windows Disk Manager doesn't see it. Why? Isn't it Non-RAID disk? And IRST sees both HDD and SSD-cache with orange exclamation mark signs.

When i am plugging HDD+SSD-cache Windows on it fails to boot. It tries to auto-repair, but fails. I am getting in Windows Recovery Environment. Safe Mode not booting. Changing SATA Mode in BIOS from AHCI to RAID not helps.

I don't know what to do. I need to save my data. Can't clone my HDD because i don't see it.

Here is photo from RAID Option ROM.

Should i synchronize data from the cache device to the Accelerated Disk? Is it safe to my data?

Thank you.

2 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello KOT Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. In order to complete a hardware change/upgrade on the system you have to disable the smart response on the Intel® RST application or in the Intel® option ROM then make the hardware change and after that enable Intel® smart response o the system again. Given the steps you have take to troubleshoot the system seems that you have to complete a fresh operating system (OS) , in case of the data on the HDD you could try a local data recovery center. Bear in mind that making changes to the SATA mode on the system causes data damage/lost if after the changes the system loads the OS. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

​I will help  to clone  full  windows  os  partition  without  booting nor  logging  .

you  to  go to  recovery environment  , then command  prompt   , then type  below  commands

I  think   windows  OS is installed  on SSD

C is  drive where windows installed   , F is  partition  having free space

commands to  clone full C drive

Dism /Capture-Image /CaptureDir:C:\ /ImageFile:F:\install.wim /Name:Professional

commands to clone  C: users folders

Dism /Capture-Image /CaptureDir:C:\users \  /ImageFile:F:\install.wim /Name:Professional

once  completed  all  datas  are  converted  into  .wimfile and  stored  in F:\

after reformmating  only  SSD  , reinstalled windows , you  can extract     install.wim file  using  7_zip  software ,   all your  datas  will be  there

more information see the  video in youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvAXgxUjGK0