Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2048 Discussions

Is IRST driver needed for performance benefit in a non-RAID configuration with Optane 900p or is IRST only used in a RAID configuration?

A123-N
Novice

0 Kudos
1 Solution
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello A123-N, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. I would like to let you know that Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology does not improve the performance of the SSD, instead, it works to create, manage and delete RAIDs within the system. It also allows you to set up an SSD as cache to improve the performance of a mechanical hard drive. I hope this helps. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello A123-N, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. I would like to let you know that Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology does not improve the performance of the SSD, instead, it works to create, manage and delete RAIDs within the system. It also allows you to set up an SSD as cache to improve the performance of a mechanical hard drive. I hope this helps. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos