Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Lexar NM620 is not recognized by Intel RST

RomualdsCirsis
Beginner

Dear Intel,

Our customer bought from us 2x Lexar NM620 (M.2 2280 PCIe G3x4) 1TB
P/N: LNM620X001T-RNNNG
with Supermicro motherboard MBD-X12SAE-O & CPU Core i9-10900KF.

The customer was unable to create Intel Rapid Storage RAID 1 in BIOS using your M.2 and returned the PC to us. We tested M.2 - they look fully functional and are detected by the motherboard. So we created the ticket at Supermicro support team.

After investigation, we figure out the motherboard bios setting and the RST version seems to be right/up to date. Then we took 2x cheapest Kingstom SSD, and they were detected by BIOS RST successfully.

Next, we took Lexar NM620, and tested it in ASUS and Gygabyte on two different motherboards (other chipsets/config), and the SSD Lexar NM620 are not visible for RAID there too.

We assuming that problem is in Lexar or Intel RST software / version.

Can you assist us in this case? What information do you need?

The main problem, that since we didn't understand the reason of malefaction we can advice customer proper replacement. 

Attached motherboard bios settings.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello RomualdsCirsis,

Thanks for waiting for a response.

Since you mentioned that the RST software is working fine when you use Kingston SSD, it seems to be more related to the Lexar NM620. I would recommend contacting Lexar Support to verify the RAID capabilities of the drive.

https://www.lexar.com/contact

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello RomualdsCirsis,

Thank you for the information provided.  

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello RomualdsCirsis,

Thanks for waiting for a response.

Since you mentioned that the RST software is working fine when you use Kingston SSD, it seems to be more related to the Lexar NM620. I would recommend contacting Lexar Support to verify the RAID capabilities of the drive.

https://www.lexar.com/contact

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

RomualdsCirsis
Beginner

Hello Jean,

Thank you for your reply. We created ticket at Lexar couple days ago and still waiting for respond.

Can I ask one more question to you, from NVMe type and version is it supported by RST? maybe we are missing some stop factor? 

RomualdsCirsis_0-1660204022175.png

We have limited number of M.2 SSD available, maybe the problem is in it type?!

RomualdsCirsis_1-1660204139970.png

Like it is used as PCIe or switching to SATA?!

IDK

I will appreciate any your suggestion.

0 Kudos
RomualdsCirsis
Beginner

Today we tested AData SX8200PNP (XPG SX8200 Pro PCIe Gen3x4 M.2 2280) 1TB which has pretty similar specs to Lexar NM620 - and it was recognized by the motherboard and Intel RST successfully.

RomualdsCirsis_0-1660306642903.png

0 Kudos