Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Looking intel 602 chipset drivers for win 10 pro for a x9dai mb (supermicro)

Joelarvidsson
Beginner

Hi, I got a supermicro with a x9dai mb that I have been running win 10 pro since it came out. I did a fresh install on it and I se i need to manually feed it sata drivers for the internal raid. That raid controller is intels C600 series chipset. But the latest raid controller driver supermicro have posted is for win 8 and it does not work. So I went here hoping to find a driver for win 10. 

https://www.supermicro.com/products/archive/motherboard/x9dai

Here it says its the 602 version of the chipset.

But its so many versions on this site.

//Joel

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You don't need to be looking for chipset drivers (per se), you need to be looking for Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) drivers, which are packaged separately. I don't know if the latest Win10 versions of RST (or RSTe, the Enterprise version) will work with older motherboards, however.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Joelarvidsson
Beginner

All I know is it worked flawlessly in windows 10 since it was released. So there is 100% good drivers for the x9dai. And I'm pretty sure I always picked the drivers from supermicros website.

I do have my old ssd with windows on it. But I can't run windows from that drive after a reinstall of windows, that was aborted after the first reboot (but that's another story).

But I have it connected and can brows it. Is it possible that I can pick up the drivers from there? I have tried searching on it but get no results. Do you know Wich folders the files are stored in?

0 Kudos
Joelarvidsson
Beginner

Would you trust this page. I'm skeptical of this kind of sites.
But they claim it works in windows 10.
<link removed> 

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@Joelarvidsson Never trust a 3rd party driver site.   You never know what information from your machine they are uploading (and to what country it is going), and you never know what payload is in the packages they are downloading.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I agree with Al; this is not a good practice.

...S

0 Kudos