Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

MY INTEL 512 SSD ONLY SHOWING 27GB

Nai
Beginner

Hi

"I have HP Omen 15 Ek0013dx. i have ssd ( 32 optane memory + 512ssd ) everything worked fine but recently an app is crashed due to this windows also crashed and when I tried to install new windows it shows only one disk partition of 27GB instead of 2 partitions (512GB) i searched and found that my optane memory of 32GB is currently active and SSD of 512gb is disabled.

I tried to search for solutions on the internet but they said multiple options need to be changed which are not present in Omen UEFI so how can I fix this issue.???"

Saw this message on a thread and I'm currently facing the same issues. I have installed Intel RST driver and Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management.

Please see attached for the screenshot.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Nai,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand you are having issues with the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST). 

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

2. Did you notice the issue after or before the Windows installation?

3. What is the brand and model name of the other SSDs?

4. Do you have any RAID configuration?

5. Are you able to see the SSDs in the task manager or disk manager?

6. What is the version of the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST)?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Nai
Beginner

Hi DeividA,

Thanks for attending to my issue. Below are the answers to your questions:

1. Did you notice the issue after or before the Windows installation?

-  I noticed the issue during and after Windows installation.

2. What is the brand and model name of the other SSDs?

- I have only one SSD and it's the Intel M.2 22 x 80mm Optane Memory 32GB + SSD 512GB PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive

3. Are you able to see the SSDs in the task manager or disk manager?

- I'm not able to see the 512GB part of the SSD in task manager or disk manager. It's only the 27GB part that's visible and accessible.

4. What is the version of the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST)?

-  Version18.6.1.1016

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Nai, 

Thanks for the information provided. In this case, please try and provide the following:

1. Unistall the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) driver and reinstall it:

2. If the issue persists, please run and attach the report from the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU):

3. Can you try with an additional SSD or HDD to confirm if Windows or the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) tool can see it?

4. Can you take a picture of the disk manager?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Nai,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Nai,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos