Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Move RAID5 to another motherboard

SPriv1
Beginner

Good day.

I find myself forced to get a new motherboard, same make/model. Is there a way to get the Intel chipset on the new motherboard to recognize the 3 disks in my current RAID5?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Go into BIOS on new board and enable RAID. Save config and power off. Connect drives, preferably to same SATA ports as on old board. Power on. Array(s) should be immediately supported; verify by doing CTRL-I during this power on and looking at drive status.

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Go into BIOS on new board and enable RAID. Save config and power off. Connect drives, preferably to same SATA ports as on old board. Power on. Array(s) should be immediately supported; verify by doing CTRL-I during this power on and looking at drive status.

...S

0 Kudos
SPriv1
Beginner

Oh yeah? That's great! I was afraid it was storing the config in the BIOS NVRam; if RST stores it all on disk instead then yeah, it should detect the array on the new board :-) I wasn't sure; I unplugged one disk once, and it had to rebuild when I plugged it back even tho nothing had changed. I shall report back once I swap boards. Please be patient, this could take some time...

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
SPriv1
Beginner

Woohoo, switched to RAID mode on first power-up and the RAID was detected by the new board. Great! Thank you.

0 Kudos