Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2054 Discussions

My 3x NVME Raid 0 was broken when I attached a SATA drive, how do I reset this (without losing data) because my BIOS won't let me Boot to it anymore?

JGoym
Beginner

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JGoym
Beginner

Here's a link to the latest XTU profile I submitted to HWBot.org

hwbot.org/xtu/share/1098274

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello JGoym,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

RAID 0 does not have Fault Tolerance since it does not include redundancy. If a RAID 0 fails the data will be lost. After a failure on RAID 0, it may be reset but the data will not be recoverable.

If you just connected the SSD drive to the SATA port and if no settings were changed on the BIOS and/or on the RAID status/configuration, you may try unplugging the SATA drive and then booting into the BIOS and check the RAID status. Please feel free to share a picture from the BIOS showing the current status.

Also, based on the link you shared (XTU profile), your motherboard is Z390 AORUS XTREME-CF. The RAID Setup Guide*, under "Configuring SATA Controllers" page 2, advises that "An M.2 PCIe SSD cannot be used to set up a RAID set either with an M.2 SATA SSD or a SATA hard drive". Having said that, we recommend you to contact your motherboard manufacturer for clarification on supported configurations for RAID arrays.

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos