Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

My dad buys a $3000 predator gaming laptop to play duke nukem forever and two days later he broke it. please help

idata
Employee

i figure you guys would appreciate the laugh and in return undo whatever the hell dad has done to this glorious piece of technology.

if I knew what he did I might be able to fix it but so far all I know is:

- Intel RST popped up telling him to do something with his drive for better performance or something

- he did because why not

- intel RST ui looks like this:

I don't know what it looked like before but I think that array used to just be one drive, either way the end result is this:

- his main hard drive should obviously be close to 1TB, for some reason it's not, he can only use 118gb of space.

I know support forums have heaps of rules and this is a very vague problem (I think) but I really don't know whats going on myself, let me know if you need more info. thanks in advanced.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello laz3rface,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

It will be my pleasure to help you with this today.

First thing I recommend you to do is to back up all the information you need to avoid lose of data.

The reason why you only have access now to 118GB is because according with the picture you posted a recovery volume was created and it utilizes RAID 1 (mirroring), we will need to undo this raid volume for you to have access to the whole capacity of the disk.

On the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology, click the change mode and see if there is an option to undo this changes.

Usually you will see an option that it says Reset Disks to Non-RAID, if there is nothing there to undo the recovery volume, try from the access recovery disk files and see if you can undo from there.

If you are not sure what to do when you click those options mentioned above, please post pictures of it to better understand what you see there.

Best regards,

Ivan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello laz3rface,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

It will be my pleasure to help you with this today.

First thing I recommend you to do is to back up all the information you need to avoid lose of data.

The reason why you only have access now to 118GB is because according with the picture you posted a recovery volume was created and it utilizes RAID 1 (mirroring), we will need to undo this raid volume for you to have access to the whole capacity of the disk.

On the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology, click the change mode and see if there is an option to undo this changes.

Usually you will see an option that it says Reset Disks to Non-RAID, if there is nothing there to undo the recovery volume, try from the access recovery disk files and see if you can undo from there.

If you are not sure what to do when you click those options mentioned above, please post pictures of it to better understand what you see there.

Best regards,

Ivan
0 Kudos
ARagh1
Beginner

Hello people ,

I have also the same problem. However I don't find the reset disk thing and it was my first day to use the laptop , so I don't have a recovery point

what is the best solution for that problem.

Do a resetting for the whole pc and reinstalling windows could make a solution??

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

First of all, back up all your information before doing anything on your system.

In this case, restart your system, press < Ctrl >< I > when prompted to enter the Intel RAID Option ROM utility.

Use the up- and down-arrow keys to highlight Reset Disks to Non-RAID and press. < ENTER >

Use the up- and down-arrow keys to highlight the RAID volume to be reset and press < SPACE >. to select the disk(s).

Press < ENTER > to complete the selection.

Press < Y > to confirm the reset.

Regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ,

I'm following on this post to ask you if your issue has been resolved or if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Ivan.
0 Kudos