Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2108 Discussions

No RST after Windows 10 upgrade but RAID works

Vanadu
Beginner

I upgraded with no problems from W7 to W10 on my HP Z600 Xeon X5675 a couple years ago but noticed that now RST isn't installed, and Device Manager only shows 'Intel Chipset SATA RAID Controller' with iaStorAVC.sys V. 15.44.1015. The RAID storage works fine, never a problem, but I'm nervous what might happen if one of the drives fails and I need to replace it. Device Manager also shows Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller.

I remember I had to replace one of the drives before the W10 upgrade and that was done with Intel RAID utilities. What can I do to make sure I can upgrade these drives  in the array when they fail?

Thank you in advance for your help...

Van

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jashraf
Beginner

@Vanadu   Since your RAID is working fine but Intel RST isn’t installed after the Windows 10 upgrade, you can try reinstalling the Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) driver from the Intel or HP support website. This will ensure that you have access to the RAID management tools for drive replacements in the future. Additionally, you may want to create regular backups of your data as a precaution. If RST installation doesn't work, you can continue using Windows' built-in Storage Spaces to manage your RAID setup.

0 Kudos