Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2048 Discussions

Non Paged pool unusually high (ismc non-paged pool)

tired
Beginner

Hi!

Straight to the point, noticed non-paged pool rise in Task Manager after I used Window's Defender Full Scan 3 times (which I read after that it isn't recommended).

Checked Task Manager to see that the Non Paged pool was unusually high.

I suspect ismc as it is the highest contributor.

I tried resolving this by updating Intel's RST as it has correlations to the tag, however it made ismc slightly worse (330m Bytes current, 290m prior to updating).

1. How can I fix this high Non Paged pool?

Just want to fix this, thanks in advance.

Similar problem - Non Paged pool memory usage too high - Intel Community

The answer at the bottom did not work for me as the drivers I had did not meet the requirements.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DeividA_Intel

Hello tired, 

Based on the research, I would like you to try the following:

1. Use the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) version from Acer and let me know if the issue occurs.

- https://www.acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/support-product/8229?b=1

2. Try with the latest Inter version, and let me know if the issue occurs.

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30314/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Driver-Installation-Software-with-Intel-Optane-Memory-10th-and-11th-Gen-Platforms-

3. Please, provide me with full crash dump files.

- Open Start.

- Search for Task Manager and click the top result to open the app.

- Click the Processes tab.

- Right-click the application or process and select the Create dump file option.

- Click the Open file location button.

- Right-click the .dmp file and select the Cut option.

- Navigate to the folder you want to store the file.

- Right-click the folder and select the Paste option.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello tired, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-  

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST):

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006351/technologies.html

3. Are you presenting any issues with the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST)?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

DeividA_Intel

Hello tired, 

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
tired
Beginner

Hi!

Sorry for the late response, I actually did a rollback on the driver about a day after the initial post to slightly decrease the non-pool usage. Still pretty high though.

Here's the report.

3. Problem comes usually after a day's usage where opening applications (specifically files) becomes slightly clunky and slow. Still suspect IRST.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello tired, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello tired, 

Based on the research, I would like you to try the following:

1. Use the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) version from Acer and let me know if the issue occurs.

- https://www.acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/support-product/8229?b=1

2. Try with the latest Inter version, and let me know if the issue occurs.

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30314/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Driver-Installation-Software-with-Intel-Optane-Memory-10th-and-11th-Gen-Platforms-

3. Please, provide me with full crash dump files.

- Open Start.

- Search for Task Manager and click the top result to open the app.

- Click the Processes tab.

- Right-click the application or process and select the Create dump file option.

- Click the Open file location button.

- Right-click the .dmp file and select the Cut option.

- Navigate to the folder you want to store the file.

- Right-click the folder and select the Paste option.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
tired
Beginner

Hi.

1. Downloaded and restarted, ismc uses the same amount of bytes used. Hovers around 420mb total non-paged pool on startup.

2. Done this one before, it increases ismc's bytes used by a slight amount. Now stays around 480mb total non-paged pool on startup.

Sadly, none of the solutions worked.

3. I'm a bit confused on creating the crash dump; other than many service hosts, closest I could find regarding IRST's ismc or even anything memory related applications in task manager was "Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology Management Service". Unless you want me to create a crash dump for that, I'd be happy to follow specific instructions.

Screenshot (8).png

I couldn't really find any application in correlation to iaStorAC or iaStorAVC. Essentially, which application do I need to create a crash dump for ismc?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello tired, 

Thanks for the previous information.

In this case, try to get a general dumb file so, please use the following steps:

https://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-generate-a-complete-memory-dump-on-windows-10-1590.html#:~:text=Go%20to%20Startup%20and%20Recovery,OK%20and%20Restart%20the%20system

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
tired
Beginner

Hi!

I had troubles getting a complete crash dump file. Tried 4 times getting it to pop up in %SystemRoot% with no luck. 

In the end, I just got a BSOD    

Perhaps a mistake on my part.

2. Try with the latest Intel version, and let me know if the issue occurs.

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30314/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Driver-Installation-S...

I'll take this option as a "temporary" solution. 

Thanks for trying help!

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello tired, 

Thanks for the reply.

Do not worry about the dumb file for the moment, I will proceed to check the issue with the information provided so far and post back soon with more details. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello tired, 

I would like to let you know that we tied to replicate the issue, However, we did not face the same results.

Environment:

- NUC8i7HVK

- Windows 10 Home, Build 19043

-Intel RST: 18.1.6.1039

This issue seems to be related to a different source, which could be due to other factors such as corrupted OS/ drivers/ drives, etc. Refreshing any of those may help get rid of the issue. I recommend you get in contact with Acer for further support.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,    

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos