Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

PC isn't booting up. Hardisk not detected. HHD Harddisk shown under Non Raid Physical Disk along with Optane Memory 16 Gb, in BIOS Setup Menu. What to do so that my Harddisk is detected from in EFI so that it can boot my PC

User1586775374326591

In BIOS Setup Menu I pressed F9 for Setups Defaults. Now it shows Boot Device Failed Error. In BIOS Setup Menu, It shows Harddisk not detected error. I tried removing and replugging it no change. Later I discovered in Configurations Tab, In Storage and inside Intel (R) Rapid Storage Technology, my HHD in being showed under Non-Raid Physical Disks along with 16 GB Optane Memory. What should I do now?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. While pressing on F9, you did set Bios to default setting and therefore disconnected the link between Optane memory and your HDD. I don't believe that you can do now anything else than reinstall your system. Hope you have backup for your drive.
  2. I agree that this is wrong if such corruption may happen when you setting Bios to default settings. You should get a clear warning at least.
  3. Let see what Intel representative will say about. I hope that I'm wrong.

Leon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. While pressing on F9, you did set Bios to default setting and therefore disconnected the link between Optane memory and your HDD. I don't believe that you can do now anything else than reinstall your system. Hope you have backup for your drive.
  2. I agree that this is wrong if such corruption may happen when you setting Bios to default settings. You should get a clear warning at least.
  3. Let see what Intel representative will say about. I hope that I'm wrong.

Leon

0 Kudos