Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Platform is not supported MSI GS66 Stealth Windows 2004

DKend2
Beginner

I have a new MSI gaming laptop. The manufacturer app for keeping drivers uptodate keeps trying to install Intel RST and unfortunately it keeps telling me the platform is not supported.

https://gyazo.com/d7233c34c3e5b996aeeb5a46765e48d5

https://gyazo.com/d21642eb6a09aadea499a62e13f1f4c3

Log attached.

Doing some debugging I thought it was because I am running the gold master Windows 2004 Insider build so I extracted the msi and installed as the previous version of windows. It installed but the service had tons of errors so I reverted.

Now having run the Intel DSA and have no updates pending I think the MSI app is simply wrong.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Usually - and especially when talking about a laptop - it is important to stick with the manufacturer's update facility. Unfortunately, manufacturers often support multiple SKUs of each product and the download list can sometimes contain unnecessary entries. In your example, you probably aren't using RAID and don't have an Optane Memory Module installed, so there is no need for Intel RST to be installed. In fact, if support for RAID or Optan is not enabled in the BIOS, any attempt to install the runtime drivers and apps will be failed like this (the platform isn't supported because RST/Optane is not enabled).

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Usually - and especially when talking about a laptop - it is important to stick with the manufacturer's update facility. Unfortunately, manufacturers often support multiple SKUs of each product and the download list can sometimes contain unnecessary entries. In your example, you probably aren't using RAID and don't have an Optane Memory Module installed, so there is no need for Intel RST to be installed. In fact, if support for RAID or Optan is not enabled in the BIOS, any attempt to install the runtime drivers and apps will be failed like this (the platform isn't supported because RST/Optane is not enabled).

...S

0 Kudos
DKend2
Beginner

Thanks Scott I looked at my UEFI settings and do not have optane. I will therefore have to ignore the MSI app. :)

0 Kudos