Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2054 Discussions

Quel strip size choisir pour RAID 0 à héberger Windows 10

NMedj
Beginner

J'ai un DELL Precision Tower 5810 avec 02 Disks Durs 500 GO et je voudrai configurer un RAID 0 avant d'installer Windows 10 Professionnelle et je voudrai savoir quel est le strip size adéquat pour une partition système ?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello NMedjadi,

We have moved your thread to the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Support Community for a more accurate response.

It is my understanding that setting your drives in a RAID 0 will not affect your ability to partition the array just as if it were a standalone disk. The Windows® 10 installer should be able to automatically partition your array. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/ Microsoft Support* might be a better source for information on partition size requirements for their OS.

NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
NMedj
Beginner

I have a DELL Precision Tower 5810 with 02 500 GB Hard Disks and I would like to configure a RAID 0 before installing Windows 10 Professional. My question is about the adequate strip size for a Windows 10 system partition ? The RAID utiliy propose different strip size, from 04 KO to 256 KO and I want to know which one will allow to get the best performance for a Windows 10 System partition.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello NMedjadi,

Thank you for the clarification on your question

We are currently investigating in order to provide you the best advise

Thanks

Luis H
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello NMedjadi,

We are sorry for the delay in our responce

Our investigation on your questions has determined that using the default 128kb is the recommended strip size for Raid 0.

Best regards

Luis H
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello NMedjadi,

We are following on your post status since we provided you some recommendations about the best strip size for your RAID 0 array, but we haven't received a reply yet.

Please let us know if you require further assistance

Best Regards

Luis H
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello NMedjadi,

Thank you for contacting the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology for enterprise

I we understand you have a Dell* Precision tower with 2 HDD about 500GB each and you would like to setup a raid 0 before installing Windows 10* but first you want to know what is the appropriate partition size for the installation?

In regards to your question we recommend you to check to check Windows 10 Specifications & Systems Requirements on the Microsoft* official site

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-specifications# system-specifications https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-specifications# system-specifications

Hope you find this information useful

Luis H
0 Kudos