Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

RAID 1 conflict with optical disk

Francois1
Beginner

Hello All,

I have this issue where a ASUS BW-16D1HT Blu-Ray writer can't write when the RAID 1 volume is in "Normal" state. When using Windows' File Explorer, the error message received is "Unexpected Error". With Power2Go 13, the error message is "Burning Fail, ErrCode: 0xeb020be4". When the RAID 1 volume is in "Verify" state, then no problem, The Blu-Ray writer can write at will.

This is a clean (new) installation. Board is a MSI PRO B660M-A DDR 4 that integrates Intel RST. The RAID 1 volume is composed of 2 WD Green SSD (2 Tb each). The latest BIOS and drivers are installed. Operating system is Windows 10 Pro. Up to now, I tried changing the SATA cable, changed SATA port, tried an old Pioneer BDR-203BK Blu-Ray writer, tried varying writing speed, but the result is always the same.

Does anyone has a clue what the issue could be?

Thanks,

Francois

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Francois1

You are very welcome! and thank you for your response.

We will proceed to close this for now. If you need any additional information, please feel free to submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

11 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Francois1

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to review this behavior further, could you please provide us with the following details?

1- Is the behavior occurring since the first day that you have this configuration? (Motherboard MSI* + RAID 1 volume + Blu-Ray writer). Or did it work fine before at some point?

2- If this worked fine before, were there any Hardware or Software changes (e.g.: operating system, BIOS, driver, or software updates?) that may relate to the point when the issue started?

3- Please provide the exact model of the 2 WD Green SSDs:

4- Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) app version, and Intel® RST driver version:

5- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Francois1
Beginner

Hello @AndrewG_Intel ,

Thanks for the reply. Here the answer to your questions.

1- Yes, the issue is since day 1. At the beggining I didn't know why I couldn't write with the Blu-Ray writer. It's only lately that I've found out what I believe is the issue.

2- It never worked fine.

3- The model of the WD Green SSD is: WDS200T2G0A

4- Driver versions:

Intel RST VMD Controller 467F: 19.0.0.1067

Intel RST VMD Managed Controller 09AB: 19.0.0.1067

Unsure about the App version.

5- Intel SSU executed and .txt file attached.

Thanks again for your support.

Francois

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Francois1

Thank you for your response and for all the details.

Please allow us to review this further and we will be posting back in the thread as soon as more information is available.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Francois1
Beginner

Perfect. I'll wait. Thanks !

François

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Francois1

We are still working on this matter. In the meantime, we would like to check if the below action fixes the issue. If you are willing to try this, please let us know the outcome of the steps.

NOTE:- This is a Registry change, so please do it at your own risk and back up your Registry before making these changes.

Please refer to the image below to disable Asynch notification via a registry key:

SATA Async.png

We will be looking forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Francois1
Beginner

Hello Andrew,

Thanks for the follow-up. I would like some more information before going ahead with the registry change. Can you confirm that this is for the optical drive only, RAID volume only, or both? Given the information provided in the attached file, could you please confirm the registry value I should create?

For the Optical drive: Controller2Phy7ANEnable

For the RAID 1 volume: Controller1Phy0ANEnable

Thanks,

François

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Francois1

Thank you for your response.

Sure!, please allow us to verify further these inquiries and we will be posting back in the thread as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Francois1
Beginner

Hello @AndrewG_Intel 

Hope you're doing well. Do you have any update on this case ?

Thanks,

François

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Francois1

Hope you're doing well too! and thank you for your patience in this matter.

After reviewing this further, we would like to inform you that Intel is working on a fix for this issue and it will be sent as a driver update to Intel® RST soon.

We recommend waiting for the Intel® RST update instead of "modifying registry settings" as it may cause the system to become unbootable in case of any error/misconfiguration when changing registry settings.

If you have any other inquiries or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Francois1
Beginner

Hello @AndrewG_Intel ,

Thank you for the update. This is great news. I look forward to this driver update.

Regards,

François

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Francois1

You are very welcome! and thank you for your response.

We will proceed to close this for now. If you need any additional information, please feel free to submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.